Tuesday, January 25, 2011

ICS #98

I had to make an adult male card this week for someone who is turning 21 and unfortunately I my mind tends to go blank when it comes to male cards (not that I make feminine cards!) but flowers and bees just didn't seem to be right. So I looked through my collection and I found this Changito Monkey set from Stampendous and decided to do a cheeky 21st birthday card!

I followed the sketch from Inspirational Card Sketches #98. A great sketch to use.
The papers are from Kaiser Pina Colada Collection. I made the banana tree trunk by just sketching it on brown cardstock and then segmenting it and cut it out.
Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Kim Duran said...

Oh this card is just so fun! I think it's perfect for a man. It's light hearted and fun! And you did an amazing job following this weeks sketch. I'm so glad you joined us this week at Inspirational Card Sketches!

Jay Gee said...

Fantastic card. I love all the paper piecing.

Jay Gee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicola said...

Such a great card. Love how you have made the tree. Thank you for joining us at ICS this week. Nicola xx

Dawn♥ said...

WOW totally love your take of the sketch! Thanks for playing along at ICS.