Friday, May 27, 2011

Go Green

Thought I would try something completely different today! Following the sketch from Inspirational Card Sketches and the challenge over at Designed 2 Delight (white with one) I made a wall hanging.

and a close up

As you can see my colour is green! The stamps are from Autumn Leaves - who cares? and obviously the theme is 'green'. They are an eclectic group of stamps with things like owls, 'mother nature' conserve, a tap etc. I love the set but haven't used it very much! So the challenge for me was to dig down deep into my paper stack for green and also to find 8 different shades of green ink ... but I managed! I also managed to used recycled chipboard (it was part of some packaging) to make the frame.

I decided to do this to hang up on the wall in my craft corner as it was looking a little bare - there is only some much blank yellow wall (yes that is the colour of my walls - and it is a bright yellow!) you can look at. I enjoyed making it ... but I made one hell of a mess doing it - I heat embossed and now everything feels like it has little grains on it!

Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

AN said...

Aivan ihana -raikkaan näköinen työ :)
Kiitoa osallistumisesta ICS-haasteeseen ja onnea arvontaan
Kaikkea hyvää elämääsi sinulle sinne<3

Peggysue said...

Amazing how colorful this looks with just one color! Go green! lol
Thanks for playing along in our All White Plus One challenge at Designed2Delight.

Dawn♥ said...

WOW I love it. Fantastic project using the sketch from ICS this week. Lovely job. Thanks for playing along. Dawn♥

Jessica Theodore said...

what a fantastic idea!! thanks so much for playing along at ICS this week xx

Kathy said...

Great project. Hits every meaning of "green". Bet it looks great hanging! Thanks for joining us at Designed2Delight this week.