Thursday, June 02, 2011

There's no place like home

Here is a card I made following the sketch from Mojo - it didn't turn out quite like I expected it - I positioned the papers wrong they should be more at an angle and not as they are! Anyway I chose the colours following the challenge from Kaboodle Doodles and that was to use the colours of your country - now I live in Australia (born and raised in NZ) and our country flag is blue, white and red but the country colours (for sports team etc) is green and yellow so I chose those colours and since the colour combos for Cupcake Crafts challenge was orange, yellow, green and white I decided to put in a little bit of orange not because it is a colour that represents Australia but because when you look at the Australian landscape the majority of our soil is actually orange - clay, so really it should be one of the country colours!


I have used papers from Jillibean Soup - blossom soup, Prima - paisley road and Stampendous stamps - home for the holidays.

Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

mudmaven said...

Very nice shaped card! Thanks so much for joining us for our Show Your Colors challenge on Kaboodle Doodles. ~chris

RoO said...

ooh! home, sweet home! cute card ^_-

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Janet, what a beautiful shaped card. I love the sweet image and your papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with my 'zesty colours' challenge over at cupcake craft this week. Hugs, Denise x