Friday, July 01, 2011

Just sitting here

I have decided that there is just not enough hours in the day! I only managed to sit down this afternoon to do this card after cleaning and running about getting my passport photo ... and why is it that when you get these photos taken you end up looking like a criminal in them ... honestly 'passport photos' could do with a serious scrapbooking overhaul!!! wouldn't our passports be lovely ... imagine being able to 'decorate' your passport!!!
Anyway I made this card for Moxie Fab World - Stamp it! cards week challenge where you had to make a card with stamping as the dominant element and I love playing with stamps. I have also followed the challenge from Simon Says - lavender and lemon.

and a close up

I have used the set from Hero Arts 'wish you were here' and I love the combo of open stamps (stamps that can be coloured or in my case paper pieced with) and silhouettes and of course I have also used one of my favourite techniques - paper piecing - I find it very relaxing to just sit there and fussy cut.
materials - American Crafts wine & canary, Bazzill heidi cardstock; Cosmo Cricket 'mitten weather' papers; Hero Arts 'wish you were here' stamps; Versa color black & violet ink; Fiskars 'round the bend' punch.

3 comments:

Heather said...

You're right Janet, there definitely are NOT enough hours in the day, or days in the week for that matter!!
Your card is fabulous - great stamping and paper piecing and your scene is wonderful - so tranquil!!

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Annette Allen said...

WOW...that is a cool card...great stamps

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Janet! Thanks for linking this up to the Stamp It! Cards Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)