Sunday, September 11, 2011

AnnaBelle Stamps Challenge 2

Hello all - this is my 2nd card for the day and also the 2nd challenge from AnnaBelle Stamps blog 2nd birthday celebrations.  The challenge is to use flowers and bloom.   I used the sketch from Card Patterns and made this easel card - it is a twisted easel card I think!  I was perusing the internet and came across it and thought that looked neat.

a side view
 
I have used the ballerina rose set from AnnaBelle Stamps.  This is a gorgeous set and is one of my favourite.
 
materials - AC straw cardstock, Bazzill black cardstock; Lily Bee 'this & that' papers; AnnaBelle Stamps 'ballerina rose' stamps; Stazon jet black ink, Versa Color canary ink; Marvy pens - blender 0, leaf green 48, citrus yellow 69; Derivan crystalina kindy glitz; Kaiser black pearls; 6mm pale yellow ribbon; staples.
Unfortunately I have had to make a sympathy card as Neils cousin Judy her husbands mother is not long for this earth so the family is bracing itself.
On a cheerier note .... GO THE CATTERS! woo hoo GEELONG WON! on Friday night ... here is a photo of Judy, Neil and I at the MCG waiting for the game to start.
 
As you can see we are rugged up warm - Friday was very windy and cold and the night was even worse.  I had 6 layers on! now I don't wear silly fashionable clothes ... I wear outdoor wear clothes - I had merino, polar fleece and gortex layers and after 4 hours of just sitting there I was cold!  it would have been miserable had we lost but we didn't and so I am a happy crafter at the moment!
Thanks for looking.

8 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Love the fold on your card so adoralbe Images also the DP...great card and good luck with the challenge..I also join the challenge from Cardpatterns, my card is number 6 ...would you mind to see my blog...many thanks before :)

Vicki Fraser said...

Your a braver girl than me - I wouldn't go out if I had to wear 6 layers! Your card is fantastic - love it!

Kylie said...

Simply Beautiful!!!
LOVE your design and the colours are simply lovely, gorgeous work Janet!
Thanks for joining the AnnaBelle Stamps Birthday Celebrations!

Take Care,
Kylie X

A Consuming Passion said...

You do look a bit rugged up in that picture Janet!!! Things we do right!
Another gret card......love the Twisted Easel !
2 down and 1 to go!!!

Sue said...

Love the pic Janet, it certainly was a brave move to head out in the cold but at a Cats supporter you were well rewarded for your efforts!
Your card is beautiful, you make the flowers sing with the fabulous colour combo and layout!
thanks for joining in our birthday celebrations, hope to see you back tomorrow for the last challenge! :)

Andrea said...

An amazing card Janet! I'll have to give this one a go!
Don't know about being out last Friday night though...you know it snowed up in the hills right lol!!
Thanks for joining in with our birthday celebrations...only one more to go :)
Andrea

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is gorgeous... great twisted easel! So fun to create!Thanks for joining us with the 2nd challenge in this fun birthday celebration at AnnaBelle Stamps! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the final challenge!

whoistracy said...

Gorgeous Janet! Love the way you made it fold and the little brads. This has such "wow" to it! So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!