Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 13 CPS - a little something just for you

Hi ya all, here we are at Day 13 of the Card Positioning Systems 5th Anniversary celebrations and I have made a card that is quite different to what I normally make ... it involves a little distressing, some lace and a handmade flower ... so it is my form of shabby chic :)  Here is sketch # 121 ...

here is my card ...
 
and a close up of my hand made flower which I made using some very old flower punches ... do you remember the whale of a punch 'retro flower' ? ... well I was looking at blogs and through a link and then another and then another etc... I came to the Cheery Lynn Designs blog and they had made a series of flowers using their dies - now I don't own any but as I looked through it the last flower (rose) looked like the 'retro flower' so I gave it a go using the large and medium flower ...
 
basically all I did was punch the flowers, curled them using a broad tip embossing tool and a little bit of curling and bending with the fingers then I arranged it all together and viola! 
So the card is not what I normally do but I am very happy with it!  I am also submitting it for the challenge at Paper Sundaes - choose from the sundae bar (cream, blue, distressing and pearls) I managed to incorporate all 4)
materials - Core 'dinations harborside cardstock; DCWV 'spring fling' paper and cardstack; AnnaBelle Stamps 'squared posies' (title); Versa Color celadon ink; Paper shapers 'whale of a punch' retro flower large and medium punches; Sizzix 'leaf and stem' die; Paper Inklings colour me doilys; Kaisercraft pearls.
Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Wow!! this is drop dead gorgeous Janet, fabulous colours, a beautiful tribute to the sketch! :)