Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Merry Christmas


It is a wee bit miserable outside at the moment (it is trying to rain!) There seems to be an emphasis on Christmas in July on the challenge blogs ... so I decided to continue on my pile on christmas cards (one can never have too many chrissy cards :)  I used the little girl image from AnnaBelle Stamps 'tomorrows dream' - I enjoy colouring her ... as I was colouring her one thing struck me while colouring her hair ... my question is ... when we colour any hair do we colour it, whether it be intentional or unintentional, as a reflection of our own hair colour?  I mean I always colour hair a brown simply because my hair is dark brown ... mind you if I did do it to reflect my hair colour I should also include a few 'grey' streaks in there LOL :)   Anyway here is my card ...

a close up of the girl (with no grey streaks in her hair :)
 
I would like to submit this for The Pink Elephant - xmas in July challenge
AnnaBelle Stamps blog - say it with Snowflakes and also their little community Stamp, Embellish, Create whose monthly challenge is 'polka dots'
 
and I have followed the sketch from The Sketchy Challenges blog
 
materials - AC leaf, C'D harborside; Echo Park 'everybody loves christmas', Jillibean Soup 'christmas eve chowder' papers; Staz On jet black, Versa Color sky blue, chateau grey, frost white inks; AnnaBelle Stamps 'tomorrows dream', MFT 'christmas ornament stamp set', All night media 'snowflake cluster' stamps; Celebrations clear glitter embossing powder; Crayola pencils; MFT mini wavy pennants, Sizzix large oval tag, AnnaBelle Stamps shapes 1 dies; 3/16" white flower eyelet; Francheville trim; Natural cord.
Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Super sweet design Janet! Love the colours and this image is perfect for a Christmas card, and great take on the polka dot challenge too!
Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Unknown said...

Hi Janet,
What an unusual Christmas card, but so sweet!!! Love the paper piecing. Thanks for playing with my sketch and joining the Sketchy Girls.

Hugz,
Sandy

Andrea said...

Love it Janet! Love the colours and the fun way you've used our newest little image!
TFS :)
Hugs,
Andrea

Kylie said...

oh wow Janet! I love this!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sketchy Challenges this week.
Hugs Kylie