Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Our Anniversary Card :)


This month Neil and I celebrate our 15th Anniversary (to quote a chef I use to work with "you get less for murder here in Australia" LOL) so I thought I would make an anniversary card for him ... now I know he is expecting something to do with bicycles (since we both are mad about cycling) but I recieved some Bugaboo digital stamps and I just love their Stella & Gus range (in fact all their Stella, Marge, Gus etc ranges) - they are so funny and I love a good chuckle when it comes to handmade cards and this card is perfect for the "make us laugh" challenge over at Quirky Crafts ... so here is my card using Stella and Gus 'instructions and mute' ...

I used the sketch from Feeling Sketchy ...
 
and my colour inspiration comes from The Pink Elephant photo ...

materials - Bazzill kraft, C'D dutchess, AC sapphire cardstock; Jillibean Soup 'watermelon gazpacho' and Kaisercraft 'nans favourite' papers; Bugaboo digital stamps 'stella and gus instructions and mute'; Carl scallop scissors; Spellbinders petite scallop circles large nesties; Crayola pencils; button.
Thanks for looking.

10 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Excellent and the sentiments are so true.
Congrats on your anniversary.
Hugs
Desire

Annmaree of Oz said...

lol love those bugaboo images so fun! Great take on the sketch, love the rosette medallion!

Thanks for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy!

Have a nice anniversary!

Mynn xx said...

Happy anniversary! ;) What a pair you have on your card--they suit each other! ;) This is fabulous!!!

Jessica Theodore said...

Oh my! This is fantastic! What a great couple :) Love your use of the sketch also, so glad you could play along xx

Diane said...

Thank you for entering the latest challenge at the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog . Love Stella and Gus!

Belinda Scott said...

lol had a goood laugh when I saw your card. Have a fab wedding Anniversay :)

Jess S said...

Hehe, I love the bugaboo stamps as well (I have a few digis that need to be used again) and this is a very cool anniversary card. Happy Anniversary and thanks for playing at Feeling Sketchy :)

Ultimate Whirligig said...

what a great card, I'm still giggling at that sentiment. Congrats on your anniversary, my hubby and I are quickly approaching this number. Thanks for playing along at Feeling Sketchy this week.Michelle

Spyder said...

And sooo true!! Thank you for joining Quirky Crafts Challenge!!
((Lyn)) DT

Caro said...

What fun amd so true! LOL! Thankyou so much for joining in with our challenge at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog