Monday, August 13, 2012

Cupcake Crafts 4th Birthday Celebrations!


Hi and welcome to Cupcake Crafts 4th Birthday Celebrations.  My name is Janet O'Brien and I live in Melbourne, Australia.  I was so chuffed when Faye asked me to be one of the guest designers for their birthday celebrations ... I just couldn't refuse!  I enjoy the challenges that Cupcake Crafts offer up each week and the DT is simply inspiring.
So to celebrate this weeks celebrations you are to make a card/project inspired by this photo ...


I was drawn to the fab colours of this photo - pink, brown and white and since I live here in Australia I couldn't resist using my Lawn Fawn 'critters down under' and Paper Smooches 'green acres' stamp sets and incorporating 2 of my favourite techniques - paper piecing and colouring with pencils :)

... a bit of an Aussie feel to it aye!
I thought I would go that little bit extra with the Aussie theme and you will notice the little girl has beads hanging from her hat ... if you don't already know but when a typical Aussie farmer is depicted in movies etc, he/she usually has corks hanging from their hat edges and that is to keep the flies at bay - I couldn't find tiny corks for a card so I used beads :) here is a close up of her hat ...
 
LOL she is just so adorable.
So pop on over to Cupcake Crafts challenge blog to enter in this weeks birthday celebrations and be in to win some fantastic prizes.
materials used - C'D ages wine card, AC chestnut and white cardstock; Cosmo Cricket 'tea for 2', Jillibean Soup 'apply cheddar soup' and MME Stella & Rose 'gertie' papers; Lawn Fawn 'critters down under', Paper Smooches 'green acres' stamps; Staz On jet black, Color box frost white inks; Crayola pencils; MFT chat bubbles dies; Carl scalloped scissors; Ranger opal white liquid pears; pink & brown striped grosgrain; beads; white Signo gel pen; Francheville black journalling pen.
Thanks for looking and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Janet! Omg!!What a lovely andfun card you have made! Love,love the details on the hat, the little pearls on the flowers, everything! Thank you for beeing a special Cupcake! Have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

Made by M.E said...

Janet...such a detailed and beautiful card. I love it. Great work..XOXO

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such a fab cheerful and fun card Janet, love it, so glad you're designing for us this week!

Love
Maarit

Faye said...

Hiya Janet. I am so pleased to finally have you at Cupcake. I absolutely love your creation. Right down to the inspired corks. Great stuff Sheila! xx

Cathy said...

This card is truly an original and I absolutely love it. Your papers are awesome and I love the ribbon you used down the side. Reminds me of neopolitan icecream...yum. Your images are just too cute.