Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Happy Birthday

Hi all, this afternoon I decided to use a colour that I normally don't use - purple!  One of the colours in Lawn Fawns the bright side collection is purple and I really liked the shade they have used so I thought I would give it a go on my card this afternoon.
This card incorporates quite a few challenges - the sketch is from Retro Sketches, the birthday sentiment is for Kaboodle Doodles - birthday or special day, the image is for the 'great outdoors' theme over at Cupcake Crafts, I have incorporated a ribbon for Top Tip Tuesday and I am also entering it for 'anything goes' for Party Time Tuesdays ...
the little scene was made using Paper Smooches 'spring groves' stamp set and coloured with colouring pencils.
 
materials - White card, Kaisercraft lilac, watermelon cardstock; Lawn Fawn 'the bright side collection' papers; Paper Smooches 'spring groves' stamps, AnnaBelle Stamps 'party animals 1' (title) stamps; Staz On jet black ink, Versa Color violet ink; Crayola pencils; Celebration purple gingham trim; MFT wonky border die, Fiskars round the bend punch, Cuttlebut circle dies.
Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Mina974 said...

Lovely card Janet! Thank you for joining us at Kaboodle this week!
hugs
Yasmina

Unknown said...

I love gingham ribbon and you definitely kept the focus on the ribbon Janet. Purple is an excellent choice here and I love your colored image. :)
Thanks so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for the Focus on the Ribbon challenge. Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips. Hugs

Unknown said...

those trees are so cool, love your card!!! thanks for joining us at kaboodle doodle

Donna said...

Such a sweet card Janet and a fab combination of colours! Thanks so much for joining us at Cupcake this week. Good Luck :) Donna ♥ x

Bettina L. said...

This is supercute and I love the strong colour choice. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for another challenge. Bettina xx