Friday, December 21, 2012

Bauble Gift Set

Good afternoon everyone - today I have for you my DT project for The Stamp Spot.  It consists on using that fabulous product Washi Tape.  Now I know these have been around for while but they have recently joined my craft supplies and I have to tell you they are more versatile than what I initially gave them credit for :)
I have a card in Australian Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercraft magazine Vol.18 No.2 issue that demonstrates Washi tape and for my card I made a flower.  So thinking laterally I used this idea to turn them into Christmas baubles and then proceeded to make 9 off them to create a little gift set ...
 here are the 3 types of baubles made ...
gorgeous aren't they ... I have to mention that after making 9 baubles or 18 pleated circles I could actually make them with my eyes closed!  If you want to see how I made the baubles then click HERE.
I would like to enter this for The Craft Room Door - anything goes and Quirky Crafts - last minute xmas.
materials - washi tape; red cardstock; acetate; Kazzazz rhinestones; Cuttlebug flower dies; silver cord; MFT mini wavy pennant; red twine; button.
Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

What a great idea Janet. Thanks for sharing. And I must admit I have also not tried my hand at using washi tape yet lol.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Deonna B said...

Oh these are beautiful Baubles. They look like a lot of fun to make and i have a stash of Washi Tape. I may have to try these soon. Thank you for sharing at TTCRD this week and Merry Christmas!