Wednesday, January 02, 2013

A 21st birthday card!

Hello everyone and Happy New Year to you all.  2013 is going to be a big year for me travel wise and I (actually 'we') a super excited that we will be going to a place that is probably regarded as one of the most remote inhabited islands on this wonderful earth of ours ... Pitcairn Island.  For those that haven't heard of it ... it is the place where the mutineers from the Bounty landed and inhabited ... why you ask are we going there?  well it is my mothers birth place and it has been over 50 years since she has been there and 3 of her daughters are going back there with her!  Unfortunately to get there is upto 14 days on a  supply ship that leaves from Tauranga (NZ) and then another 14 days back - this is the cheapest way to go - the alternative is a $16,000 plane and boat journey - quicker but way to much 'potential' craft money used!  Well that is my exciting news!
So onto my efforts in the craft room lately ... there is a deluge of birthdays in my family throughout January, February and March so I made a birthday card for my nephew who turns 21 mid Feb.






















Retro Sketches has a wonderful sketch this week that I have followed:
I would also like to submit it for the following challenge sites that have 'anything goes' as their challenge - Cute Card Thursday, Kaboodle Doodles and Paper Take Weekly and Party Time Tuesdays whose challenge this week is 'celebrate'. On this card I have used washi tape to create my patterned background. 
materials - Kaisercraft coconut card, C'D atoll aqua cardstock; Annabelle Stamps 'boys party' stamps, Lawn Fawn 'admit one' stamps; Versamark watermark ink, Versacolor black ink; White embossing powder; Teresa Collins 'spring fling', Echo Park 'so happy together' papers; Kaisercraft small number chipboard; Kaisercraft acrylic paint 'sea breeze'; Washi tape; Spellbinders standard circles large nesties; Liquid pearls - buttercup; Inkssentials glossy accents.
Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fun card! Love the washi and the puffy numbers!

Thanks for partying with us at PTT! Hope to see you again soon.

Jenn