Thursday, January 17, 2013

hello

Hello everyone, it is building up to be a stinking hot day here in Melbourne ... in fact all over Australia!  So it is the perfect opportunity to stay inside with the doors shut, blinds down (except here in the Craft Room!) and make cards :)
This morning I made a card following the sketch for the Guest Designer spot over at My Favorite Things

I enjoy taking their stamped images and thinking outside the square and for this card I continued on with the theme of a ball of twine and made it flow into the title ...

here is a close up ...

This is a very versatile stamp with 4 titles in it, but for this card I made up my own simple title because it was going to be written in twine!
I have used the mini banner day die and white felt to create a little banner border and then decorated it with rhinestones.  The colours chosen are for the challenge over at Party Time Tuesday -

materials used - grey and white cardstock, AC blue jay card; Making Memories, Basic Grey and Lawn Fawn papers; Staz On jet black ink; MFT 'knit happens' stamps; MFT mini banner day die, Sizzix ovals; Prismacolor pencils; white felt, Kaisercraft blue rhinestones; The Twinery twine; 1/8" yellow eyelet.
Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Hey Hey Paula said...

So clever. I love what you did with the sentiment & twine. Thanks for joining us at PTT this week.