Friday, January 18, 2013

hey monkey

It has cooled down a little bit today but it was a very hot night.  So this afternoon I made a very quick card ... maybe for my nephew ... not sure?  I followed a fantastic sketch from Retro Sketches #46. 

Here is my take on this easy to use sketch ...
I thought this monkey image really suits him as he will be turning 13 next month and he is probably a little old for me to be calling him 'a little monkey' ... maybe I should change it to 'you big gorilla' LOL
Anyway I would like to submit it for the challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday - fur or feather.
materials used - Kaisercraft coffee bean cardstock, smooth white; Echo Park 'so happy together' papers; The Alley Way Stamps 'tropic topic' stamps; Staz On timber brown ink, Versa Magic night sky ink; Prismacolor pencils; Basic Grey trim.
Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elaine Stark said...

I love the colours in this card and the cheeky image. Perfect for a boy. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Annette said...

hehehe, this is a fun card. I love the monkey image and the ribbon is a lovely match.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx