Thursday, July 04, 2013

gonna puke!

You are looking at the title of this blog posting and thinking what kinda card have I made!  I know it is a shocker but I have actually made this card to send to my parents (and I am thinking of making another 2 to send to 2 of my sisters!).
In 5 weeks time my parents, 2 of my sisters and Neil are all departing for a place called Pitcairn Island - it is a tiny remote island in the middle of the South Pacific.  We are taking a supply ship from Tauranga (NZ) to the island and it is going to take anywhere from 10 - 14 days on a boat that is only 10m wide and 50m long!
We have been planning this for a while and one of our concerns is sea sickness.  We know that our mother gets sea sick (as she did on a big cruise ship) we think one of my sisters will get sick and we are almost sure that I will suffer as there has been a few ferry crossings where I have turned green!  So we are stocking up on sea sickness tablets ... hence this card :)
LOL isn't is funny ... I know my family will find this hilarious as we ALL have a warped sense of humour!
I have made this for the SPARKS Paper Smooches ocean challenge, followed Retro Sketches #70 and also Papertake Weekly - anything goes.
materials used - Kaisercraft buttercup, tomato cardstock, Canson smooth white cardstock; Echo Park 'a perfect summer' papers; Paper Smooches 'he said she said', 'alphadot' stamps; Versa Color black ink; Spellbinders classic ovals small dies.

5 comments:

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! How FUNNY!! I LOVE your FUNY Sentiment and the Great design of your card!! SO CUTE!! Great take on this weeks challenge!! THANKS SO MUCH for playing along with is over on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you'll play along again next week!! Have a FABULOUS 4th of July Weekend!! =)

Anonymous said...

lol fun card and sentiments!

Enjoy the amazing unique travel adventure to Pitcairn Island!

Houses Built of Cards said...

How very CUTE!!! What a super funny sentiment as well! So glad you played along with us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

I just love the humor behind this card and it turned out just great! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE the humor of this card-- I hope your family has a great time on their trip! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS TW Ocean challenge!!! I hope you will try our sketch challenge this week <3