Tuesday, July 30, 2013

wishing you sunshine

I haven't been doing to much cardmaking lately ... I have been collecting, organising and packing -  next week we head of to NZ by plane and then bus to Tauranga and then a very loooooooooooooong journey on the supply ship to Pitcairn Island.  Around 12-14 days on this boat (one way and another 12-14 days return!).  I am presuming that I will get seasick (feeling queasy in past experiences on ferry rides in calm weather!) and I am expecting at some point to have very rough weather.  The ship is small around 50m x 10m and is by no means a cruise ship!  For those of you old enough will understand that I have been watching the Onedin line TV series in the hope to find my sealegs!!!
So this morning I decided that since I am ready that I could relax and create! So I made a card following the sketch from Annabelle Stamps ...
 and here is my card ....
 it is very much a 3D card especially in the grassy mounds ...
 and another view ...
I made my little mushrooms by punching a small circle and trimming it in half and making a little stalk out of brown paper.
materials used - Kaisercraft cheddar, Bazzill blue, smooth white, light blue cardstock; Simple Stories 'family ties' paper; Annabelle Stamps 'a beautiful day' and 'dotted flowers' stamps; Spellbinders classic ovals small; Carl circle punch; Prismacolor pencils; Staz On jet black ink.
Thanks for looking and see you all in another 2 months time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so excited for you!

Love this card, she is so adorable, great mushrooms and layers!

All the best for the trip! Have Fun and Take Care!

lostinpaper said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous Janet! I'm so excited for you and I'm sure you will have a blast, I can't wait to see some pics.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Andrea said...

Wow Janet, what an amazing scene you've created!!
TFS :)
Andrea

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Such a sweet scene with wonderful dimension - Congrats on your win at Annabelle Stamps!